When he went downstairs for the first time in 15 months - he cried - it was a touching moment for both of us.
Why a Stairlift?
Considering a stairlift? At Acorn we have been manufacturing and installing stairlifts for over 20 years.
All Acorn Stairlifts are easy to use, and easy to maintain; and all display the very best in design, engineering, and safety features.
All of Acorn's current stairlifts been independently tested and certified to comply with the newest European safety standard for stairlifts, BS EN 81-40:2008, as well as the Worldwide standard for stairlifts, ISO 9836-2:2000.
Like other satisfied customers worldwide, you'll wonder why you hadn't chosen an Acorn stairlift earlier!Get a FREE Quote Today
- FastTrack® No Mess Next Day Installation*
- Stairlifts That Fit The Stairs, Not The Wall
- Easy To Use With Low Running Costs
- Affordable, Installed Fast and Built To Last
- Regain The Freedom You Deserve
Some Common Stairlift Myths
- At Acorn we have invested heavily in state-of-the-art manufacturing processes. To make owning a stairlift available to anyone.
- Our solutions are installed in hours with no changes to your home or damage to decor.
- Quiet, easy operation and power efficiency come as standard on all our lifts.
- It's more common than you think to have a stairlift. They are becoming more popular than ever, with our stairlifts being installed every 9 minutes around the globe.
Key Features To Look For
Easy To Use ControlsAll our stairlifts have been tested by real users and awarded with the Arthritis Foundation's prestigious Ease-of-Use Commendation.
Can be easily used to check the status of the stairlift.
As well as being used to easily diagnose faults.
These react by stopping the stairlift if it meets an obstruction.
Fitted to the footplate and carriage base.
Swivel Seat & Safety Belt
Makes getting on and off the seat easier and safer.
Additional safety barrier when leaving the stairlift at the top of the stairs.
Why Choose Acorn?
- Locally Based Network of Surveyors & Installers
- Our Stairlifts Use Innovative FastTrack® Technology
- World Leading Solutions For Any Stair Type
- Over 20 Years Experience
- Clean, Quiet & Easy To Use
- 7 Days A Week, 365 Days A Year Customer Service
- Response within 24 hours
What Our Customers Say
The stairlift has helped me greatly on the bad days.
By using the stair lift, I've been able to stay in my own home.
It has taken great strain off of my husband trying to go up and down the stairs with COPD. Thank you!
What is the Ease-of-Use Commendation?
Acorn Stairlifts understand that our number one priority is helping our customers to maintain their independence by overcoming the difficulty with their stairs. By taking the time to speak with each person and get to know their situations and needs, we have come to know that there are many, many reasons why a person may benefit from an Acorn Stairlift.
The Ease-of-Use Program at a glance
The Arthritis Foundation created the Ease-of-Use Program to encourage manufacturers to design user-friendly products and packaging that could be recommended to the millions of people living with arthritis.
The process begins with the manufacturer submitting a product to the Arthritis Foundation for an extensive scientific evaluation. The sole purpose of this evaluation is to determine, quite simply, how easy to use a given product is for people with arthritis. The testing process is as follows:
- Each product is evaluated by a team of scientists, who test them against a number of 'pass' or 'fail' requirements, specific to the type of product under evaluation. For example, how easy is it to open a medicine bottle or to operate a stationary bike?
- The scientists then assess and establish user tasks based on every manner in which someone with arthritis might use the product, from the point at which the product is removed from the packaging - yes, even the package itself is evaluated - through multiple uses.
- Finally, a team of eight testers who have moderate to severe arthritis are evaluated for grip, torque and muscle strength, endurance, pinch force and range of motion. The testers get to open and use the product, and then each is interviewed by the team of scientists to gather their feedback in a real-world setting.
The testing of our stairlifts included some of the following features:
What does this mean for Acorn Stairlifts as a company?
We have always said that our Acorn Stairlifts are comfortable and easy to use...now those points have been scientifically proven!
Currently, Acorn Stairlifts, is the ONLY stairlift manufacturer to earn the Ease-of-Use Commendation. We understand that some of our competitors might try to follow suit, but we will always be able to say with confidence that we were the FIRST stairlift to earn it.
This is yet another effort that continues to prove that Acorn Stairlifts is the pioneer in the industry, always striving to stay ahead of the game, and to help our customers by providing the absolute best solution for their needs.
Which Acorn Stairlifts are covered?
Are there other stairlifts that have the Ease-of-Use Commendation?
Currently, Acorn Stairlifts is the only stairlift on the market to have earned the Ease-of-Use Commendation. It is yet another effort that continues to prove that Acorn Stairlifts is the pioneer in the industry, always striving to stay ahead of the game, and to help our customers by providing the best solution to their needs.
Learn more about the Arthritis Foundation
For further details on the Ease-of-Use Commendation and the Arthritis Foundation, click here arthritis.org